Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So I heard this on TV...

The other night, my wife and I were playing... wait for it, wait for it... Boogle! She was winning of course and the TV was on in the background. The new Kleenex commercial came on. You know, the one with the blue couch in Central Park and this lady was sitting, talking to a counselor or something about the Hurricane in New Orleans and how she lost five of her friends. And then she said this: "My tears do not compromise my strength." Wowza! I mean 8 words, right? No, 7 words. 7 powerful words.

As a man, we don't like crying. Society has taught us that tears signify weakness. They are effiminate qualities. And I don't cry. When I am stressed or something is going on, I usually work out, pig out or shut down. However, I freely cry in front of my heavenly Father. Wether it be in praise, joy, saddness, dispair, whatever... I know I can cry out to Him. It is cleansening and refreshing and renewing.

Your tears do not compromise your strength. In fact, they indicate boldness and courage.

I just had to share that.

No comments: