Saturday, January 03, 2009

new: me


Love the show on NBC called the "Biggest Loser." In fact, a new season starts this coming Tuesday. Every January people get the itch to start all over, redo themselves, change something about themselves or their circumstances, better themselves. The Biggest Loser is all about people wanting to change their physical look and along with it their mental and emotional state.

We love NEW things. New toys, new movies, new shows, new clothes, new hair styles, the latest looks, trends-- the in thing-- the new thing. Even God is in the NEW business. In 2 Corinthians 5.17 it says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Although you may be familiar with that verse of scripture, do you live it? Do you find it hard to make it a reality in your life? Do you feel like a new creation? What do we have to do to become new?

First step, first... Repent from he OLD. Tell God you are sincerely sorry for your PAST. In Jeremiah 31.19 it says: " I turned away from God, but then I was sorry. I kicked myself for my stupidity! I was thoroughly ashamed of all I did in my younger days." Before moving on to the new you, repent and separate from the old you.

No comments: