Monday, March 13, 2006

So how was your weekend?

It's Monday, and after three days, 16 hours of bus travel, minimal sleep, boxes of pizza, junk food galore, four rolls of film, 1.5 hours of video footage and a house strewn with suitcases and book bags... what can I say?

I can say that Winterfest this year was great. The temptation to compare previous years is always there, but you can't do that fairly. It's different teens, different chaperones, different artists, different hotel, different bus driver, different everything.

So I'll tell you what I loved this year. I loved seeing the transformation of each teen in their own journey to what God has called them to be. There is no denying a change in the gleam in their eyes on Sunday night after all was said an done. And for God to allow me the privilege to be a part, a catalyst in that change is awesome. I love it. I love laying low and watch God pounce on the teens and adults alike like a lion. At the right time, he strikes and their lives are forever changed. Too many tears to count, too much love to explain, too much forgiveness to enumerate, too much goodness to forget. Thank you God for being you.

And I can not deny that God always strikes at me as well. This time it was Friday night. As I pressed in through Praise and Worship, he sent someone to pray over my wife and I. Just lettign us know, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! It is awesome when God knocks on your door and says, I am still here.

So the pictures are coming... The stories will come... The memories will be there... And I am grateful to God.

No comments: