Saturday, May 06, 2006

Tangential Thought: Prayer


As parents we have a grave responisbility. A growing life is entrusted to our care. The words we say, the attitudes we ooze, the habits we examplify all make tiny impressions like finger prints on our child's mind. But today my daughter, Cora, taught me a lesson. She was laying next to her mother. My wife asked Cora to pray for her becuase she didn't feel good. Cora said, "Okay" and placed her hands on mommy's head. She started the prayer with, "God please don't kill my mom." It was so funny to us. A sincere prayer from the heart. Not lathered up with sugary words. She was to the point. I thank God for my family. I pray to God that I don't mess up as a father. I want her to grow up and be EVERYTHING God has destined her to be. And now, I pray that I can have this faith like a child. To be real in my prayers with God. Not to be like the showy teachers during Jesus times who prayed out loud so everyone could hear them and most of the prayer was about themselves. To be sincere and real. [When you pray...]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pastor Jesse, as I said before I loved that story about Coras' prayer for her mommy. As it says int the Word of God "Out of the mouth of babes..." A child like faith that's what we should all strive & desire to have.

Thanks so much for your faithfulness and love for our youth.

Be blessed Pastor Jesse :)

In His service,
Carolyn Irizarry
(Jordan's mom)

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://indexmachine.info/2312.html or http://neveo.info/653.html