Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lost (Share your story)



Let me share a story... There was once two bothers, Peanut and June Bug, tha lived on a farm in Glennville, GA. When Peanut was about 18 years old he thought to himself, "I'm grown!." So Peanut went to his Papa and asked for his share of the money. Papa relunctanly gave him all the money.

Peanut left the farm in Glennville for the big city of Atlanta. There for about 6 months he spent all he had on parties, girls, drugs, food... when Peanut slowed down to check his mail, he realized he had over ten over draft notces from the bank. Peanit had spent all his money. Since he didn't want to go back to the farm in Glennville, he started cleaning out the bathrooms at a High School. All he wanted was the left over lunches, but the lunch ladies didn't even give him that. Peanut grew weak, hungry, tired. He thought to himself, "Even my Papa's employees eat and have a roof over their heads. I'll go and ask him to forgive me and maybe he will let me work on the farm."

When Papa saw Peanut walkign up the road to the farm, he ran out to hug him. He called to his employees and told them to prepare a big party. Meanwhile, Junebug got jealous. While everyone was at the party celebrating, Junebug stayed out on the porch sulking. Papa came out, put his arm around Junebug and said, "You don't understand what I've been through. I thought I had lost one of my sons. Now he's back! Be happy for me. Be happy for him."

Tell others what God has done in your life. Papa could have left Junebug to sulk and get bitter. But Papa decided to share what God had done in his life so that Junebug could understand and hopefully change his outlook.

Share your story. Tell others what God has done in your life in three easy steps..
  1. The Problem: Tell them the issue, situation, whatever was goign wrong.
  2. The Help: Tell them how God helpe dyou out of the situation or solved the problem.
  3. The Zinger: Let them know that God can do the same for them.

No comments: