Thursday, September 06, 2007

Threshold


Last night we discussed what a threshold is... a passage from something to something else. In 1 Corinthians 13.11 it says that when I was a child, I talked, thought and reasoned like a child. Now that I have become a man (woman), I have put those childish ways behind me.

As a teen: are you putting childish talk and actions behind you?
As a Christ-follower: are you putting worldly talk and actions behind you?

Are you maturing? When you decide to cross the threshold, you step into harder choices, responsibility, and there is greater expectations of you. However, there are also awesome benefits to crossing over: with more responsibility comes greater rewards, with maturity comes greater freedom.

Read Joshua 1. In it you will see that God tells Joshua, Moses' right hand man, that it is time to stop wandering in the desert and cross the Jordan river into the "promised land." Finally the children of Israel are getting what God has promised them... what they have to do is cross over. Threshold hold again. Stop thinking like they have been thinking for the past 40 years (survival mode) and start thinking like warriors.

Decide today to cross the threshold. To leave the old ways of thinking and doing things behind you. To say that "When I was a child I used to talk, think and act like a child... but now I have decided to put those things behind me."

No comments: