Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Two New Favorites

I go through favorite songs like I go through favorite ice cream flavors. First it was Nutty Coconut and then Chocolate Mousse and now it's that truffle In Paradise. But I digress... My two new favorite worship songs are below. (I mean, I just hear a bit and I am already pushing my way to see God.)
  • To Worship I Live By Israel Houghton. When we start singing "Oh, oh oh ohhhhhh" I instinctively go to the part in scripture that says that when we don't know what we should pray for "Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." And the Spirit does this in our weakness. How awesome to know that we don't have to have the right words all the time. Sometimes, if we are not careful, it's as if we try to come up with the best, most eloquent word combination possible to enter into His presence. But God doesn't need a password. He just wants a heart turned to Him. And He loves a soul that knows we are vulnerable and limited without Him.
  • Wonderful Maker By Newsong. Julian Drive sang this at Sonfest in Orlando, FL. The part I love the best? "How majestic your whisper..." Think about it. He tells us in Psalms to be still and know that He is God. And if we discipline ourselves enough to stop moving so much... we could actually hear His whisper.

No comments: