Monday, July 17, 2006

A Good Thing


In the beginning of Jesus' ministry, he went to John The Baptist to get... Baptized. When John said, "It's I who should be baptized by you," Jesus basically replied, "It's a good thing for me to be baptized by you."

When we got to Panama City, we parked at the Marina and enjoyes a coupl eminutes at the docks. We saw boats, stuck our feet in the water and just relaxed form a 6 hour plus drive. I joked around saying that I was gonna push someone in a baptism them, and then Ms. Jessica Thorton said she had never been baptized. I asked her if she wanted to be and she said yes. So the following day, around 11 AM at the Panama City Beach while some were sun bathing, others fgrolicking in the sand and a few were skim boarding, I took Jessica into the water and baptized her in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

It was an awesome, beautiful moment. Something so short can be so meaningful. We show the world that before Christ we lived for this world and all it's evil influences. But now we have died to this world and now live for God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture and the article. I also love God's divine and perfect timing. The Sunday after the teens went on this trip our Sunday School lesson focused on the Ordinances of the Church including baptism and what it meant to follow Jesus' example of water baptism. This student and the ones who witnessed her baptism were so excited to share the experience with the class. They were also able to share with their peers what it symbolized. I am blessed by the youth of this church.